home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Monday, March 5, 2012

Conversational Detours

phone.


The phone just isn't doing it for me. I realize that I am more of a texting, facetiming, emailing and facebooking type than I am a phone-talker. ("stinkin' millenial" the masses groan)

I think it is the uncertainty surrounding when the other person will be finished talking. There is no sort of time guarantee with a phone call. All the opportunities for misadventure and conversational detours - you can lose 20 minutes of your life. Never to be recovered.

I don't know what that says about me. I kind of sound like a jerk who prefers brevity over bonding. I assure you, in person, that is not the case.


2 comments:

  1. call your mother ... I never go on conversational detours ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's misadventure and detours that make life fun :) When you have an schedule to everything, life gets too predictable.
    8:00 - Wake up.
    8:05 - Go pee.
    8:07 - Trip and fall over while trying to put on pants.

    ReplyDelete