home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Swimming is Hard

I want one these swimmer girls
Art

Swimming is hard.

Yesterday, I finally got in the pool at the TCU rec and learned to swim laps. I should say - I'm still learning. I managed about 8 laps (to my significant other's 20) and was done for the day.

The breathing, move your arms, kick your legs, cup your hands combo is not easy for me. There's so much to remember. And for me, it doesn't feel natural, so I actually have to work at it.

But if I am going to do this sprint triathlon I signed up for, I knew I had to get my butt in the pool. In my "hulk suit" (it's green, stripey and looks like a comic-book-worthy-super-suit) I will flounder, splash and gasp my way through water-training.

Wish me luck.


2 comments: