home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Hardest Step (again)

Ain't that the truth....

This morning my dear roommate and running buddy Carolyn woke up at 5:50 with me and stepped out for a run.

I'm just now getting back to my training schedule for the half marathon and it's been rough. It's truly incredible (and slightly depressing) how fast your mind and body regress when you choose to, or have to, take time off an exercise routine.

I want to say that I'm a runner. I want to say that I look forward to every run and that it is always just what I need. But mornings like this morning, what I love is running with someone who can laugh and say "I hate this today".  Because man, did we hate running this morning.

It doesn't mean that we stopped, it just means that we were thrilled to finish.

I'm thankful for the people in my life who can admit when something just isn't what they want it to be, but do it anyway because in the end, it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment