home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Simplicity

simplify simplify

 Recently on my best friend Kristin's blog she posted a call to action; she posted a call to simplify.

Simplification can mean any variety of things to any number of people. For Kristin it means: simplifying her wardrobe, her meals and her belongings.

I have been working on wardrobe purging for a while now, and for the past 2-3 months have resolved to wear what I have. After cleaning out what I never wore, I could really see all the options I have in my closet. So wardrobe - check.

For my simplification challenge, I'm aiming for budget and meal simplification. I want to buy what I need, and buy smart. I don't want to get to the end of the month and feel the ol' wallet gasping for air. I also want to keep cooking. I was off the make-it-yourself meal bandwagon for a while, but I'm hopping back on.

With the help of a produce-centric Mennonite cookbook I'll go for fun recipes that have inexpensive and unique ingredients and a short prep time.

What are you doing to simplify? For ideas - see Kristin's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment