home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Monday, October 15, 2012

Investment Property?

I go to this particular coffee shop in this run-down but slowly up-and-coming historic neighborhood right off downtown Jacksonville.

Whenever I make the strange and harried drive back to this caffeine-provider, I find myself staring at the houses just waiting to be honed into quirky, perfect works of art.

I made the enormous mistake of doing a quick, seemingly harmless search for homes in "THE" neighborhood.

Anddd I found this house... it has my hardwood floors, my doorways, my molding, my back porch, TWO fireplaces and... wait for it... my claw foot tub. Take a look.

316 5th Street, Jacksonville FL

316 5th Street, Jacksonville FL

316 5th Street, Jacksonville FL



316 5th Street, Jacksonville FL

It's understandable if the pictures above don't excite you... but they send me over the edge.

This house is $27,900. It would be a $125 a month mortgage. I live in a house that doesn't have rent or utilities. Does anyone else out there understand why I can't stop thinking about buying that house and refinishing that tub while interest rates are bottom of the barrel low?

Someone... please. Tell me to stop obsessing over this house. Tell me this is not what they mean by investment property.

2 comments:

  1. As one who fell for an old house and has never regretted it, I'm afraid I can't be the one to stop you, BUT.... be aware that things like electrical wiring, furnaces, air conditioners, roofs, possible window replacements DO need to be inspected and considered in the price! I'm still workin' on some of that list, 25 years later!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to Nana but (like Nana) don't ignore your heart. Use your head, too. Talk to other locals besides the Realtor! Make sure there's a "Mike Holmes type" inspection. Talk to the neighbors. But I can totally see you in it or over-joyed at making a profit and seeing someone else love it!

    ReplyDelete