home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Monday, February 11, 2013

Start Somewhere



Recently - my life did a somersault and somehow I landed on my feet. The one thing that I am certain of is that grace is the only reason I didn't end up lying on the ground hoping someone would pick me up and take me off to a knitted room where I could sleep while they arranged my new life for me.

I moved out of my house, moved into a new house with friends so I could find a place of my own, found the perfect place, convinced a property owner to process me quickly, moved into the perfect place, furnished the perfect place and found someone to take care of my dog while I am globe trotting in the coming months.

And all that ... in 6 days?

The right people came to the rescue when it counted. The chips fell in my favor. The universe did me a solid.

And I'll call that grace. I'll be thankful that I was able to start somewhere and end up just where I needed to be.

“I do not understand the mystery of grace -- only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found us.”
Anne Lamott

Anne nailed it - yet again.

3 comments:

  1. Love this, love you and am so excited for all the new adventures you are about to embark on! .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are strong, full of grace and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a source of grace for others. We love you and are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete