home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Soundtracks



Ingrid Michaelson, Lenka and NeedtoBreathe are the go to albums of my big ol' life transition.

Sometimes a little girl music and some Southern Rock gospel style tunes hit the spot.

Some of the lyrics on repeat:

"When life tries to knock the wind out of you, you've got to roll, roll, roll with the punches..." - girl anthem to just stay on your feet.

"And so it goes, this soldier knows, The battle with the heart isn't easily won, but it can be won, but it can be won..." - a little reminder that fighting for hope and thankfulness is well worth it.

"Even when the rain falls, Even when the flood starts rising, Even when the storm comes, I am washed by the water." - the perfect way to talk about grace.

Additional lyrics, anthems and general dance around the new house tunes are welcome.  


The Feel Good Girls by alexis branama on Grooveshark

2 comments:

  1. Alabama Shakes - Hold On
    Always put it on when I'm feeling down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Carry On" by Fun. It is my current anthem of spiritual/personal struggle AND it gets me dancing which always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete