home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Thankful


thankful

Definition of THANKFUL

1
: conscious of benefit received <for what we are about to receive make us truly thankful>
2
: expressive of thanks <thankful service>
3
: well pleased : glad <was thankful that it didn't rain>

The third definition is my favorite. I am well pleased. I am glad. 
I am thankful for so many things in my life this week. I found myself walking across campus through the wind yesterday, thinking about how often I forget the lengthy list of things that are going well, especially when things don't feel like they're going at all.
Despite frustrations, disappointments and unwanted surprises, I am so thankful for the life I lead. I have friends, family, pets and a significant other who loves me. I have a career that challenges me and a home that makes me feel rested and safe.
I have every reason to be thankful.

3 comments:

  1. I second that...so thankful for you, my friend. And I am happy that you are well pleased :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and i LOVE it!
    And this post is so sweet:)

    I think I'm going to have to follow you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad for your thankful day ... and looking forward to seeing you soon. I'm thankful for THAT!

    ReplyDelete