home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Vacation Highlights

Vacation Highlight Reel: Casa Morada in Islamorada, FL


Spending a week of nothing but relaxation with "your person" is a tough thing to come home from. I'm currently experiencing vacation withdrawals. 



Sea Kayaking out to the middle of nowhere and running into a school of dolphins ain't half bad.


Seeing a dear friend for the first time since living together in Africa three years ago... one of the highlights. Snorkeling was fun too.


Staying in a suite that made me feel like I should double-check that I had the right room was a trip. I said to my partner in crime "Are they really letting us stay here?"


Since I was a little girl I have had two favorite animals. Sloths and manatees. I like things that move so slow they grow moss/algae. Within one hour of our arrival at Casa Morada, a manatee swam into the cove. I got to pet the beautiful sea cow and get in the water with it. I was beside myself with joy.

2 comments:

  1. All of your pics on instagram were amazing. It looks like you had a great time! I'll have to check out that vacation spot now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manatees are the coolest. I always love seeing them; I also love otters too! Sounds like you had a lovely vacation.

    ReplyDelete