home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Intentionality



I decided in light of recent life events that figuring out me is probably something that needs to happen/needed to happen ages ago.

You can't be with someone else, you can't succeed, you can't live with peace in yourself if you have absolutely no idea what it is you really want, or really need.

In order to do this with the intentionality intended, I decided to get over myself and consider the dreaded self-help section of my local bookstore. Now, let's not get carried away, I wasn't going to actually go out into the world and admit that I don't have it all together, I searched the amazon book store shelves. Clearly.

And now, thanks to the interwebz, I will have two "let's do this" books delivered to the privacy of my home tomorrow.

The first, is a book that I spotted on a dear friend's desk recently, and was immediately curious about. It didn't appear to be the kind of thing she would typically explore, so it sparked my curiosity.
Daring Greatly is about the power of vulnerability. Oxymoron you say? I did too, and that's just the problem.

The second, is a type of guide to self awareness for the "quarter-life-crisis" of a 20 something female. The reason I picked this one, was that I appreciated her view on how little time there seems to be to figure out everything we think we are supposed to have already figured out. 20 something, 20 everything promises to be a place to start.

Self-Help phenomenon, ya got me. Let's see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment