home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

cds and sunshine

Rising of the Setting Sun by Wayne Pate, #LoveIsHoliday



Two of the biggest highlights of the last week have been the absurd weather (in a fabulous way) and the arrival of my new cds.

My Dad was sweet enough to get me a big ol' gift card to Barnes and Noble for Christmas. So, I decided to use my Barnes-bucks to buy some cds that I knew would make great car-jams. I much prefer cds for the car. Yes, I am technologically advanced and have an aux port and aux cord in the car, but that means I have to dig out my phone and allow interruptions when phone calls come in.

I don't find this to be conducive to my need to jam-out-like-wow.

I was skyping my sister last night when the cds arrived, and she told me "I'm old school" because I still like cds.What if I liked tape decks? Those were the jam of choice when I was a kid. The Tracy Chapman and Savage Garden tapes were the soundtrack to my 97.

The reason I am celebrating the arrival of new tunes this week, is the perfect cruising weather. It's been around 80 degrees and sunshine here in Jax. In January.

I open up that moon roof and drive. If I'm in a good mood, full of rage or just angsty in general, a good cd and beautiful weather is the best cure I've found. Besides chocolate. And pizza. Actually... eating a pizza and drinking a chocolate milk shake while driving to a good cd... that may be the golden ticket.

2 comments:

  1. I want to come visit....like today! What CD's did ya get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the new Pink album, the Phillip Phillips album and the Of Monsters and Men album. Sooooo fun.

    ReplyDelete