home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's goals for a new year...

sparklers

Today, I look back on the past year and find myself repeating the same thing to myself again and again -

"You made it. You made it through 2012."

2012 was comprised of a variety of good, wonderful, ugly, painful and monumental changes. Change is rarely easy and almost always difficult.

Moving away from a place that felt more like home than home does.
Beginning a life with someone else and learning to share.
Redefining my family and navigating those choppy waters.
Stumbling into a brand new work environment and accepting that things weren't seamless with rainbows and sunshine.
Making new friends and visiting old ones.

2013 is nothing but possibility on this foggy-brained Tuesday morning back at work. There is no telling what the new year will bring but I have resolved to welcome it. I am committing myself to making ugly days beautiful to the best of my ability and finding peace in uncertainty.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you called yesterday Tuesday. Definitely foggy-brained.

    ReplyDelete