home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Monday, January 7, 2013

Reading. Fail.

Comfortable with Uncertainty: 108 Teachings on Cultivating Fearlessness and CompassionFlight Behavior    NW

You know that feeling when you look at your nightstand and realize you have three books you are trying to read... and you are not succeeding with any of them?

For me it's a big hard cover Kingsolver novel, a small book of wisdom from a Buddhist monk, and a twisting-turning Kindle novel by Zadie Smith.

I feel this sense of guilt whenever I go to grab something to read on the nightstand. The guilt does not pressure me into attempts at bettering my mind with the written word, but instead encourages me to accelerate my brain death with instagram stalking on my iphone.

What is a 25 year old with a slowly dissolving mind to do?

2 comments:

  1. Well....you better do SOMETHING if you think you're dissolving at your tender age! LOL. You're ahead of me....I didn't even realize Kingsolver had one out that I didn't have. Now you've added to MY stack!!
    Love you and miss you,
    AuntB

    ReplyDelete