home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Friday, January 6, 2012

Get moving



This morning on the way to the airport with one of the downstairs-dwellers, Carolyn, I had the chance to talk about the mental barrier that stands between individuals and their exercise goals.

I would never call myself a runner. 6 months ago I would promise you I could never run more than a mile in one go without dying. 

But three days ago, I ran my first "training session" with Carolyn for the Cowtown 10K. We ran 2 miles, and would you believe it - I didn't die. In fact, I felt fantastic.

We let mental barricades keep us from being our healthiest selves. Challenge yourself and be surprised. If this 10K goes well, I'm seriously considering training for a San Diego marathon with Carolyn, or maybe a sprint triathalon. Now that - would be something. 

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! I'm so proud of you for trying something new and it's definitely inspiring me to get back into a good rhythm with my workouts, too - and to try something I never thought I would be able to do. Love you soooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Pretty soon it will be 2.5 miles, then 3, then 3.5... Keep it up! :) Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete