home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Re-energized

Pinned Image


This week has been a come-to-Jesus kind of week for me.

Since moving to Jacksonville, I feel like a lot of my life has been somewhat rumpled and without focus. After an illuminating doctor's appointment, encouragement from a new friend, the end of election season and long awaited travel approval for my job... I feel like I have no excuse for blundering through my new life each week.

So... some goals. And please, encouragement is much appreciated through comments.

1. Stop eating junk. This should be easy, but with a free meal plan and campus food it is painfully easy to skip the salad and order bbq sliders.
2. Drink more water. Soda doesn't count. Wine doesn't count.
3. Utilize the free myfitnesspal app you downloaded. So far so good with this one. It is really great. I log my food intake and exercise. It's a great way to feel responsible for what I choose to eat. My username is acbranaman if anyone else wants to join and friend me!
4. Find a way to work my body every day. Even if it's just a dog walk - do it! No more couch potato nonsense after work.
5. Set daily task goals at work, to avoid getting discouraged or distracted. I have a white board - time to use it.

These all seem manageable and I'll keep you updated on progress.

Anyone else working on getting healthy as we enter holiday season?

1 comment: