home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Real people get married too.

I thought I really understood weddings. I thought, considering my parents are ministers, that I had seen it all. I thought I had heard every mini-sermon, sang every hymn and read every scripture. But despite my many and varied experiences, I wasn't ready for what this wedding would be.

You know those people that seem to just orbit each other in a way that could never be interrupted? That's Chelsie and Jerrett. They revolve around the same sun. They know who each other are and they celebrate their differences. They bicker and they tease each other. They're a real couple.

I think the bride even admitted to calling her soon-to-be-groom a not very nice name the night of their rehearsal. In true Chelsie and Jerrett fashion I saw her shuffle over to apologize before we practiced their impending wedding. I saw her redistribute her weight and awkwardly stare at the ground while she considered how to try and take back calling her fiance a dick (when he's more like a saint).

Because real people that are really in love fight. And they apologize. And they get married.

It was a perfect wedding. It was a perfect day. It was perfect because no body involved was perfect - and they knew it.

Below is proof of everything stated above. You can't make this stuff up.







3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post and looks like such an awesome wedding. I can completely see similar events transpiring when I get married...Micah and I tend to be stress fighters :) Chelsie looked absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad it was a great experience for everyone. Congratulations, Jerrett & Chelsie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful looking wedding, the bride looks so happy and so pretty!
    Daisy Dayz
    Cross-Jones-Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post, Alexis. Love is only perfect when we admit that we aren't. :)

    ReplyDelete