home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Friday, December 2, 2011

Hi, my name is joe...

Button shop or button factory?


My sister and I got in an argument about the rhythm of the "Hi, my name is Joe, and I work, in a button factory..." song. This disagreement occurred over Thanksgiving break and as a result I find myself humming different variations of the song almost every day. Where do you put the pauses? I grew up with :

Hi (pause) my name is Joe (pause) and I work (pause) in the button factory (pause)...

My sister is convinced it is something like :

Hi, my name is Joe (pause) and I work in the button factory (pause)... 

There is a great deal less "pausage." This perturbs me.

Anyone want to weight in on this?

3 comments:

  1. WTH Lara, I love you but did you GO to Crystal? I can't even imagine how it would sound singing it with only two pauses! Maybe the Georgians have polluted her camp song mind. Your version is correct and I feel pretty strongly about that. :P haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I can't avoid weighing in as well... I tried to sing it Lara's way and I can't even do it. Alexis, you are without a doubt right on this one.

    P.S. that picture is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled to know my best friends from childhood stand behind me. Bravo true Crystal alumni.

    ReplyDelete