home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Homeward Bound

I don't know what my dog did - but I am convinced she marked our front door with a scent that screams down the street "Lost? Come here! She'll help you, her conscience leaves her no choice!"

Yesterday I had another lost furry friend show up at my door and try to scratch its way in. This one was a black lab and his collar read Sage. Clearly he had a home. Thank God. The last thing I needed was another dog in my life. And lord knows I would never make it to the humane society with a dog, I'd end up adopting it before they could kennel it.

And as I was chasing this black ball of energy around my yard, trying to corral it behind my backyard's fence, I found myself thinking of Homeward Bound.

Maybe that is where my soft-spot for "strays" came from. I think that movie convinced me that all cats have a sassy inner-voice and all big dogs are hopelessly sweet and naive and sound somewhat like Michael J. Fox. It is also where I learned that Golden Retrievers are both wise and natural leaders.

Today - let's remember the days of our youth. The days of talking animal movies that didn't involve that animal playing basketball, escaping from a zoo, or taking over the planet.


No comments:

Post a Comment