home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A snapshot

Last night my significant other was preparing for a trip out of town and since I know that my presence is both inspiring and motivating I showed up at 9 to watch him pack.

Watch is the key word. I had no intention of helping unless it was help in the form of "mmhmm yup that looks good" or "you can't wear those socks with that suit."

However, my assistance was actually needed that night. I was not informed ahead of time that it was laundry night. Crap. I did't want to help fold like a good girlfriend.

The other thing to know about my other's apartment is that it is an arctic cavern. The blinds are always closed and the thermometer is set to 64 degrees. I'm not exaggerating. There are icecicles hanging from the doorframes. A polar bear lives in the back room.

Ok fine, there's not really icecicles.

This was the other problem with me having to help fold; it meant I had to emerge from my blanket cacoon to assist. It was too cold - if I removed my arms and legs from that blanket I'd freeze to death in my summery tank top and shorts.

Then I had a brilliant idea "BABE! You know what I need for your apartment! A SNUGGIE! I need a stinkin' snuggie! I'd be so much happier here if I had a snuggie!"

After another 2 minutes of rambling about the value of snuggies, I realized I was rambling to myself. He had left the room. And before I could call out to him that he was a butthead for walking away while I was talking, he was back and throwing a black plastic bag taped together into a package at me.

I stared at him with a face that clearly communicated "question mark?" and he simply answered "I won't make you use it tonight, but there ya go."

My first thought: if this is some kind of corset or costume I'm going to be pissed.

But I opened it up and saw cheap red fleece... that went on for forever... and had sleeves.

SNUGGIE!

I spent the next 5 minutes hugging him and kissing him and telling him how happy I was. He just laughed, told me he loved me and went back to folding.

And that - is the perfect snapshot of my relationship.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet story. You seriously have to love a boyfriend that keeps an extra "slanket" in stock, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Alexis! A man who can anticipate your ridiculous whim for a "slanket" is impressive!

    ReplyDelete