home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Funny Little Things

Every so often I stumble upon something that someone else scribbled for me, or I scribbled myself, and I think "we may be more loved and wonderful than we realize." It's like these little reminders of how thoughtful people can be, how much you love the strange little things they do, or how much you actually like yourself.

Today I looked up and realized that I have a little pink post-it hanging from my computer monitor at work. It has been there for months now - just long enough to start to be overlooked and ignored.

The post-it is a cartooned out reference to the Marcel the Shell viral youtube video. My little sister drew it and left it on my desk one day when she was visiting me at work. To be honest, I didn't even notice her doodling while we were talking. And when she left I had this little remnant of our shared sense of humor to stick to my work station.

Just a little note, probably meant to be thrown away, that makes me think of her and how much alike we are now, how much I love her, and how nice it is to have a sister.

If we are distracted enough we miss the funny little things that remind us we are loved and that we should love ourselves a little more.

1 comment:

  1. I love that. Confession: for a little white, watching Marcel the Shell before bed was the only thing that could help me sleep.

    Aren't sisters the best?

    ReplyDelete