home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sleepy nap nap time

If you haven't heard the Samuel L. Jackson reading of "Go the F*c* to Sleep" children's story - you need to do so immediately. I am fairly certain it can be listened to for free on audible.com, but I make you no promises.

The reason I am thinking about said book is that I would love to go the f*c* to sleep... this instant. I don't do well with overcast, muggy, dark days. They make me want to curl up in my comfy bed, in my air conditioned house, with my cuddly dog.

Things these days do not make me want to do:

1. work
2. be productive (in other words work)
3. think (also linked to most work)
4. use my problem solving skills

I could make a cup of coffee, but it doesn't sound good. I could make a chai latte, but I don't want that either. I could pinch myself repeatedly but that would hurt. I could walk around the building but then I'd be hot. I could even act like an adult and force myself to be a good employee through the rest of my sleepy day - but I'd rather not.

Instead, I'll whine on my blog and go back to waiting for emails to arrive in my inbox.

(I feel it necessary to tell you that I have actually accomplished quite a lot today - but by no choice of my own)

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to give that story a listen...lord knows I need to take that sentiment to heart.

    ReplyDelete