home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Monday, July 18, 2011

Modern plans



This past week I got together with a close friend of mine and we decided to create a list of "mental health goals" for the month. Both of us are perfectionists to a fault, and horribly over committed socially. We find that between work, friends, family, home and the daily grind of being a sexy young thang - we tend to wear ourselves out, especially mentally.

One of my goals was to enjoy my relationship. I tend to be the kind of person who looks for ways to improve on everything instead of reveling in the greatness that is what I have. My relationship has become one of those things. I'm always looking for ways for us to be more connected, more appreciative of each other, more interesting, more adventurous. These days, I rarely sit back and appreciate how much fun it is to watch Teen Wolf and Teen Wolf Too back to back while planning off-beat Halloween costumes.

This means I come dangerously close to missing out on how much fun my relationship is, how easily we talk, laugh and enjoy each other.

Well this month - no more! I am going to appreciate not only my relationship - but my roommates - my family - and my city.

One of the things I am most excited for is utilizing the incredible arts district we have in Fort Worth. Two nationally renowned art museums are down the street and I never even stop in to say hello. That needs to change.

There are concerts, shows, movie screenings and all kinds of things to experience in Fort Worth. And they are calling my name.

First Sundays are free at the Modern. August 7th - you and I have a date with modern art.


1 comment:

  1. I've been making a real effort to enjoy that city I live in, too - it's so easy to get stuck in a rut and forget all of the fun things there are to do right around me! I'm excited to see some of your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete