home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Spirit Animal

My best friend Kristin posted a few days ago about the concept of spirit animals. And she asked her "readers" which include me (on a daily basis) what theirs would be. This made my post for today nice and easy.

However, I don't think my animal is a typical pick, because it is definitely not featured on her handy dandy animal totem interpretation key.

The animal that I have been drawn to since I was a little girl is the sloth. Yes, those slow moving animals that grow moss on their coat. I love them. Always have. No explanation. I just love them. They are the first thing I want to see when I go to the zoo, they are the animal that I shout out when asked my favorite, and when I see photos or videos of them I get all smiley and excited. 

But what could a sloth stand for? My best guess: tranquility, patience, contentment, strength, solitude. Essentially - my spirit totem stands for everything I am not, but aspire to be. That seems to make sense.

Now for the best part of the post - sloth photos. And even a video. Get excited!








Meet the sloths from Lucy Cooke on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. I love your sloths and I love that you love sloths. They're just about the sweetest things. My favorite is the top picture where the little guy is hugging his human's hand like it's his favorite thing on earth.

    ReplyDelete