home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cold front

This week we have a bit of "cold front", in Fort Worth speak that means we get to experience 86 degree highs instead of 100. It has been a busy one to say the least, and things have felt fluttery in my brain. Not overwhelming, not frustrating - just fluttery.

I try to focus on one thing or prepare for a certain experience or event, and it's over before I can fully blink. Therefore, my lids "flutter", creating a "fluttery" experience.

While I attempted to to do my 200 pages of Student Affairs theory and practice reading this tuesday, I sat in the newly added warehouse-style-in-house-coffee-roasting shop known as Avoca. The Magnolia strip of goodness that houses Spiral Diner Vegan food, King Tut Egyptian tasties, Nona Tata Italian delights, and Yucatan Tacos is  my favorite spot to find food, drink and conversation in Fort Worth. The addition of Avoca has only improved the atmosphere in this Indie-hip enclave.

I found myself more focused than usual, thanks to their iced-coffee blend they call the "iced totti", and told Airika matter of factly that we needed to download the Foster the People album - "Torches." Airika proceeded to accidently call them "Foster the Children" repeatedly, which made me laugh and occasionally snort. Most of you have probably heard the song "Pumped up kicks" and if you don't like it, we may have to reconsider our friendship. The song, the album and the group are, as itunes puts it, "as fresh as sunshine and as refreshing as a surf wave."

If you are having end of the summer blues, I highly recommend the following therapy:

1 comment:

  1. hehehe, "foster the children!" too funny. I haven't had a chance to listen to their music much - aside from Pumped Up Kicks at your suggestion - so I'm excited to give it a listen! this sounds like just the thing today :)

    ReplyDelete