home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Twitter Glitter

I held out for as long as I could... I told myself - "No Alexis, you will not conform. You shall not become one of those constant-status-updaters known as "tweeters" - nay, you shall hold fast to the belief that twitter will pass without making a splash, and no one will care about it in a matter of months."

Fail. Big old, epic fail.

My favorite podcast from NPR, "Pop Culture Happy Hour" ends every show with "follow us on twitter". They started taunting and tempting me early on. My favorite magazine, GOOD Magazine, has many of its writers on twitter... more curiosity builds. And then - one of my best friends gets it, and I find myself wishing I could read her witty, everyday remarks.

Crap. I got twitter. And then I started following funny people. Neil Patrick Harris, Ellen DeGeneres, Conan O'Brien... these are very funny people. Not to mention I can feed my NPR addiction by getting 140 character updates on news, music, blogs and interviews.

Technology... you own me. I blog, I facebook, I email, I text and now... I tweet. Dear God... I have no private life.


Sooo... if you want to... you can totally follow me on twitter. @constantstatus

That just felt wrong to type.

1 comment:

  1. So now I'm the lone holdout.
    Why did I get on MySpace? Because Alexis did.
    Why did I get on Facebook? Because Alexis did.

    Woe is me.

    ReplyDelete