home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Monday, September 26, 2011

Day of Birth Celebrations

This weekend was my birthday, and the variety of celebrations could not have been more joy-inducing.

I started with a midnight message of parental harmonies (my parents singing happy birthday in harmony amidst laughter), a 12:24 am birthday call from my significant other to wish me a very happy first 24 minutes of my 24th year of life, and a 9 am haircut to get me snazzy for the very full day.

From there my wonderful friends showed up for a delicious brunch punctuated by bellinis and mimosas (as pictured below)



It should be noted my underage sister was handed a bellini that belonged to an of-age person, so that she wouldn't look left out in the photo. Have no fear, I did not provide her with alcohol during this brunch.

It became one of those brunches who's bellini tab shocks you a bit at the end - but when they are a dollar... I mean come on...

I walked out of Taverna with a plethora of dog toys and treats (which I asked for on my birthday) and another assortment of wonderful gifts from dear friends who don't listen very well to instructions.

That night my wonderful-man-partner took me out to dinner at Ellerbe Fine Foods and wooed me with sustainable, organic, local-grown fine dining. This place could not have been more to my liking. Crumble-crusted red fish with étouffée and french bread, preceded by roasted red pepper mozarella balls... and followed by chocolate zuchinni bread cake and fresh mint ice cream. 

I would call that a bit more than a birthday success. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the phone call during brunch from your other best friend! I'm so glad you had a great birthday and I can't wait to give you a birthday hug along with a regular one....in 3 days. (AH!)

    ReplyDelete