home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Packing Lists

I have less than two days to get my life together for this trip to Michigan.

I find that packing lists are essential, not because I will forget the small stuff, but because I will forget the big stuff.

Currently my packing list includes:





1. Bridesmaid dress for the wedding you are going to Michigan for
2. Bridesmaid shoes for the wedding...
3. Underwear
4. Socks (it is not going to be sandal weather)
5. Chargers
6. Blow dryer (your hair is short again - you can't let it air dry)






Now, will I remember to bring jewelry for each and every planned outfit? Of course. Will I remember my make up, my nail polish, my hair accessories, my boots? Obviously. That is the stuff I LIKE to pack. That is the stuff I give an inappropriate amount of consideration.

Does anyone else tend to forget the most important stuff when they are packing? I hope I'm not alone in this.

Packing lists make me feel accomplished, although they only seem to get me millimeters closer to being packed. The list is ready, but the laundry isn't done, the suitcase isn't out, the room isn't prepared and the dogs don't have an official sitter.

Yep. I'm screwed.

1 comment:

  1. You especially need to remember the dress and the shoes, because if you forget those I can't help you out. I can, however, help out with socks and a blow dryer. I guess you're on your own for underwear, too - and chargers if your things aren't compatible with my chargers. Thankfully I got laundry done this weekend but...ugh. I always end up staying up so late the night before a flight! Good luck finding a dog sitter!! We're going to be so relieved once we finally get to Michigan...once we're in Frankfort I fully intend to spend plenty of time with my feet in the waves, letting them wash away every silly little detail I've needlessly been stressing out over for the past few months. I'm glad you'll be next to me :)

    ReplyDelete