home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Old and Married



We got old and people started getting married.

I had somewhat adjusted to this new life-stage when I went to my first wedding with a legitimate significant other and was a part of the "after reception wedding party shenanigans."

But now, in just one week, one of my best friends in the world is getting married. I've known her since the 2nd grade and realized last night while I was raiding the refrigerator, and confronted with her "save the date" on the door, that it is one week away. In exactly one week I will board a plane for Michigan and in 10 days I'll be standing outside, watching her say her vows, kick up her feet and declare "we were just married!"



When did this happen? When did we grow up?

The realities of aging, relationships, work-lives and constant changes has caught up to me. And on this crisp as-close-to-fall-as-we've-gotten day in Fort Worth, I'm appreciating the exciting moments on the horizon.

Toys R' Us sold us a crummy message - who doesn't want to grow up? This new stuff can be pretty great.

1 comment:

  1. You're not kidding. Talk about your crazy/scary/awesome life events. I am thrilled for Jay but still working on the whole processing part. I can't believe all of this is going down NEXT WEEK!

    ReplyDelete