home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Detox

Your body reaches a point where it screams out "what happened here kid!?"

I have had a fairly regular work out schedule, healthy eating habits and plenty of sleep the past few months. However, the past few weeks, with oddly spaced travel dates and laziness, I have fallen off the bandwagon.

The result? A general feeling of slug.


Apparently my body is not enjoying the switch back to refined sugars, carb overloading and caffeine in the place of sleep. Who'd a-thunk?

I won't be battling the slug inside with some trendy detox or intensive exercise routine. No, no. We are going for a healthy and gradual shift back to a manageable but energy-boosting routine. Almonds instead of chips. Lifting at the gym as opposed to remote curls. And sleep instead of Soy, sugar free, double shot hazelnut lattes.

Green, red or orange juice/cayenne smoothies to solve my dilemma seems extreme... who are these people that can drink the green paste? I can't decide if I am sad for them, or admire them.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, poor slug. I'm just imagining your face superimposed over the body of that little slimy guy above. Glad you're taking action for your energy's sake - I hope it helps! Your method will definitely be easier to work through than a drastic juice fast. I don't think I could do those either, I would cave IMMEDIATELY.

    ReplyDelete