home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Old friends, good sushi

I realized last night that I had not seen two of my closest friends from college, since we graduated. Chelsea Rose moved to Pittsburgh, and Callie had started her life fresh in another part of Fort Worth after we graduated, living with our friend Megan.

Last night, Chels was in town and as per usual she set to organizing a get together so she could see anyone/everyone she cares about. She drove in from Aledo and met us at Sushi Axiom - which was perfect because I have been jonesing for some Japanese goodness ever since my other's mother gave me my very-own fancy chopstix straight from Japan.

We ordered some crab dynamite, TCU rolls and jalapeno-inspired fried yummies. The sushi and drinks facilitated conversation that ranged from freshman year shenanigans to the drama and intrigue of sophomore year housing. It seemed like every story happened a million years ago as we laughed about our various adventures and endeavors.

I found myself thankful that those years were over, but loving the memories of everything I went through beside these incredible women who started their adult lives with me in 2006. Of the Original Nifty 9 we'll have two in Colorado, one in PA, two in California, two in Fort Worth, one in Austin, and one in Dallas.

Our relationships may have shifted, but the bond of nervous, bubbly freshmen remains.

Oh College.





7 of the original 9 out for my 19th birthday, freshman year, 2006.


Pardon the vampire eyes, but I figure it is almost Halloween anyway. Also, I have no other picture. But here are 3 of the original 9, and 2 very important additions to our friend circle. A year out of college, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment