home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Friday, October 28, 2011

Game 6

I cannot claim baseball fan status. However, when your whole state, and more specifically your city, is wrapped up in something like the World Series, you find a seat on the bandwagon.

Last night I decided to put my own spin on game watching festivities and invited some folks over for dinner and the game. Between Airika and I we made a delicious pesto pasta with caramelized onions cooked with mushrooms and tender sauteed chicken for the carnivores. I added a Caesar salad with Parmesan and fresh tomatoes to my meal in place of the chicken.



We ate and watched the painfully inconsistent game go up and down and up and down into that 11th inning, eating and drinking our way through the anxiety. 2 peanut butter bars and a few rum and cokes later I realized it was 12:30 and I hadn't even looked at the cheese dip bowl and pans due for washing.

I summarily dismissed my duties as hostess after everyone departed and crawled into bed just shy of 1:30 in the morning.

I was certainly a bit late to work this morning (mostly due to cheese scraping and taking out the trash) but I would say being a part of the Rangers fever makes it both acceptable and possibly admirable.

Tonight we go into Game 7 to decide the fate of our beloved boys in gray, red and blue. I will be parked on my couch flipping between that and the TCU vs. BYU game being played in Cowboys stadium. No outings or friends for me tonight. Just my butt, the couch and a remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment