home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A quality Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving road trip and family-feud style gaming went as well as one could hope.

My significant other knocked his role out of the park and won over the whole family. My family behaved, mostly, and wooed him with their adorable antics.

The food was spectacular, especially the surprise guest roasted brussels sprouts with apples and bacon... I don't eat the bacon but the rest.... sweet peter. Who knew? Brussels Sprouts?

Black Friday Shopping even turned out to be incredible. We started at Anthropology for the 50% off sale items 7-10 am secret sale, and moved on to Ann Taylor loft and Pottery Barn (can you tell I was with 40 year old women? Here's the thing - those are two of my favorite stores too. What does that say about me?)

Later that day we hit up the local stores of Omaha to support small businesses. My favorite stop was a thrift/junk store in the Old Market. Here are two of my favorite finds.


I didn't know Harry Potter was so sexy...


Adam and Eve mugs anyone? The tatas and the leaf both move when you move the mugs. Amazing.

How was your Thanksgiving? Do tell.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had an awesome Thanksgiving! Please tell me you brought those Adam and Eve mugs home!! Those are the real deal.

    ReplyDelete