home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekenders

This weekend started off with a real bang when rock-climbing was cancelled and Airika, Bella and Emma (my dogs) and I decided it was high time for a sleep over. This decision was significantly impacted by the fact that it was approximately 50 degrees in our house and there was no way I was sleeping in my freezer-room by myself.

We took our sweet time waking up the next morning(ish), around 11, and happily allowed the pups to act as blankets until it was warm enough to emerge from the down-comforter and plush throws.

Snuggle pups.

Once we woke up we decided on breakfast. I've started shopping for REAL groceries at the Sprouts Farmers Market nearby and it has done wonders for my eating habits. It's amazing how your mind and body respond when you replace prepackaged frozen foods and noodle boxes with veggies, fresh baked bread and fruit.

Saturday featured San-Fran-sourdough toast topped with natural peanut butter and clove honey. Served up alongside a cup of Constant Comment Tea in our LOVE Michigan mugs.

Chilly morning breakfast.

Later that day I went to the dog park, saw a matinee, did all my laundry, ran errands, and wet-swiffered the whole dag-gum house. Take that dog hair and dirt wads.

Sunday was my Modern Art Museum date. Including brunch at the cafe modern and my other's creative interpretations of modern art. Favorite conversation of the day:

Him: "Are these all supposed to be interpretations of the American Flag?"
Me: "I don't think that was the intention, but it's an interesting idea."
Him: "See, my attempt to get deep and consider the capitalist agenda of the US and how it is consuming our once beloved ideals... and this guy just liked lines."

Lastly, I had the I LOVE THE SEARCH party, after the agape feast and sweet tunes we went for a jack frost at Pappas Burgers with our glitz and glamour minister Suzanne. Goodbye weekend. Thanks for the entertainment.

Suzanne packed the house. Big surprise.

2 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds like it was delightful...plenty of cozy! I hope your week sticks to the trend of awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, your "other's" interpretation of modern art cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete