home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Monday, November 21, 2011

NOLA Calls

After a fantastic conference in New Orleans, I feel the need to share photos and brief captions of my adventures. Not only was CIEE's conference professionally stimulating, it was personally inspiring.

A little in love with the city.



Indiana and Esmeralda at Mardi Gras world. 


The full marching band CIEE employed for our mini-parade during the reception at Mardi Gras World. AMAZING.


One of the creepier features at the warehouse...


Another full band, this one was playing around 10 pm on a Thursday down an alley off Canal Street.


Mardi Gras Mask shopping around midnight on Friday with a new, incredible friend who works part time in NYC and part time in Santiago, DR.


A holy scene off a not-so-holy street Saturday night, I think this was taken close to 2 am.


A piece of art shared by my dearest KK, to make my trip home from NOLA a little easier to bear. If you didn't know, Sloth's are my all-time favorite animal. 


Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! I LOVE IT! I am from Louisiana, so I am obsessed with New Orleans. Glad to have found your blog! Come by and check mine out!

    http://www.lovelinds.com/2011/11/stella-and-dot-giveaway.html

    xoxo Linds

    ReplyDelete