home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Friday, February 24, 2012

The end of training




It has been an incredible month and a half of training.

I went from claiming I couldn't run a mile to waiting in excited anticipation to run 6.2 miles tomorrow. I am running in the Cowtown 10K for the leukemia and lymphoma society, with Team in Training.

It's unreal what a group of inspired individuals can do for others. Our team of less than 30 people has raised almost $10,000 for blood cancer research in less than 2 months. AND we get all the benefits, emotional and physical, of the training for an endurance event.

I can't wait for tomorrow. It's going to be amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, best friend! I am so proud of you for the work you've done with Team in Training and I'm so happy that it's been such a wonderful experience for you! Tomorrow is going to be one you'll remember for a long, long time - I hope it's the best ever :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I are both incredibly proud of all your efforts. We can't wait to root you on in San Diego for the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, we can't wait to root you on in ALASKA!!!!

    ReplyDelete