home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Monday, February 27, 2012

We Did It

COWTOWN

Well, 6.4 miles and some change later, my first 10K was completed. There were over 25,000 people signed up for the Cowtown events this weekend. In my race there were more than 4,500 people. Coming in something like 1,601 place was A-OK with me.

I was so jazzed up about the whole experience that I signed up for a Team in Training Summer event. I will be running a marathon on June 23rd... wait for it... in Anchorage, Alaska.

I am beyond excited for this new goal and challenge. Get ready AK - I'm comin' for ya.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I am so proud of (and inspired by) you, you have no idea. You're accomplishing some seriously big things this year! Love you forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me, too! Keep it up ... you are doing great ... and I promise to continue my own (much lower key) training in solidarity with you!

    ReplyDelete