home aboutme toread bloglove contactme

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lost Dog



I thought this morning was going so well. I was up at 6:15 and did my 2 mile run for training, despite the lactic acid screaming "NO! Stay in bed - you are sore from the kettebells!" I was even back before 7 so that I could possibly be early to work.

The universe had other plans. I went and started the shower, let the dogs out, lathered, rinsed and repeated and then went to let the dogs back in. Here's the problem - they didn't come back in.

After 5 minutes of calling Emma, she finally started barking and I realized she was on the other side of the fence that was supposed to have contained her. Apparently they can push their way out, but can't pull their way back in.

Bella was no where to be seen. After 30 minutes and many loops around my neighborhood with the roommates, searching for her, she sauntered on home.

Thanks a lot Bells - you're lucky no one put you in a spaceship and shot you into space. (note photo above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment